2012 - Silicon Valley, CA
Pea-soup, pancakes and signing
Lunch before we hit the road to the Google office
In the Google garden.
Interesting presentation about Google
NVIDA was an an eyeopener and we needed 3D glasses to see better.
We all enjoyed a great dinner and friends at an Italian restaurant in Palo Alto.
Walking tour at Stanford University.
THe Wallenberg Hall at Stanford
Presentations about Stanford, Chalmers, entrepreneur ship and Canadian oil sands at the Wallenberg hall.
We all had a fantastic time in Palo Alto, congratulations Grannaz making an unforgettable event.
This is the gang before the gasque.
Presentation of the first recipient of the Chalmers Friends of US scholarship.
Happy to serve the special wine from Chalmers Ohio.
Thursday, May 24:
Friday, May 25:
11:00 am Lunch and kick off at Fish Market restaurant
1:00 pm - 2:45 pm Site visit at Google headquarters, where several of our alumni work!
3:15 pm - 5:00 pm Site visit at nVIDIA, maker of graphics processing units…silicon display magicians
6:00 pm - Dinner at restaurant in Palo Alto, CA – close to Stanford campus
Saturday, May 26:
9:00 am - 11:00 am Tour of Stanford University
11:00 am - 12:00 pm Tour of Wallenberg hall at Stanford; also in use for the afternoon program.
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Lunch ($10 cash only)
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm Panel of experts – “Silicon Valley innovation system and entrepreneurship”
- Stanford’s role in supplying innovation and talents to Silicon Valley
- Deutsche Telekom - final remarks
3:15 pm – 3:45 pm Karin Markides’ presentation about Chalmers and Entrepreneurship
4:00 pm - 4:45 pm Energy to America from Alberta’s oil sand – presentation by our Calgary alumni
7:30 pm - 12:00 am Gasque at Lucie Stern Ballroom, Palo Alto. ($50)
- This site has a large seating capacity and excellent parking space (see document below).
- We offer an evening with dining and fun Swedish style - ending with Princess Cake.
- The special location permits Singing and Skåling as loud as you can – no neighbors!
- Local cab drivers get you back to hotel or home - IF you have any voice left to ask.
Sunday, May 27, 2012:
10:00 am Annual CING Meeting, Conference room, Marriott Courtyard Hotel Palo Alto
Afternoon Open activities:
- San Francisco City Tour
- Golden Gate Bridge 75th year anniversary festival
- Beautiful nature touring across the bridge
- Dinner in downtown San Francisco
Note: this schedule is subject to cha