Presentation of the first recipient of the Chalmers Friends of US scholarship.
Happy to serve the special wine from Chalmers Ohio.
7:00 pm Club Emil featuring ärtsoppa/yellow peas soup, pancakes and punsch hosted by Karin Markides, Chalmers CEO and President, get your dinner ticket at Eventbrite.see more US Friends of Chalmers
Friday, May 25:
11:00 am Lunch and kick off at Fish Market restaurant
1:00 pm - 2:45 pm Site visit at Google headquarters, where several of our alumni work!
3:15 pm - 5:00 pm Site visit at nVIDIA, maker of graphics processing units…silicon display magicians
6:00 pm - Dinner at restaurant in Palo Alto, CA – close to Stanford campus
Saturday, May 26:
9:00 am - 11:00 am Tour of Stanford University
11:00 am - 12:00 pm Tour of Wallenberg hall at Stanford; also in use for the afternoon program.
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Lunch ($10 cash only)
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm Panel of experts – “Silicon Valley innovation system and entrepreneurship”
- Stanford’s role in supplying innovation and talents to Silicon Valley
- The role of VC and business law connections in startup
- Business incubators and entrepreneurs give their stories
- Deutsche Telekom - final remarks
3:15 pm – 3:45 pm Karin Markides’ presentation about Chalmers and Entrepreneurship
4:00 pm - 4:45 pm Energy to America from Alberta’s oil sand – presentation by our Calgary alumni
7:30 pm - 12:00 am Gasque at Lucie Stern Ballroom, Palo Alto. ($50)
- This site has a large seating capacity and excellent parking space (see document below).
- We offer an evening with dining and fun Swedish style - ending with Princess Cake.
- The special location permits Singing and Skåling as loud as you can – no neighbors!
- Local cab drivers get you back to hotel or home - IF you have any voice left to ask.
Sunday, May 27, 2012:
10:00 am Annual CING Meeting, Conference room, Marriott Courtyard Hotel Palo Alto
Afternoon Open activities:
- San Francisco City Tour
- Golden Gate Bridge 75th year anniversary festival
- Beautiful nature touring across the bridge
- Dinner in downtown San Francisco
Note: this schedule is subject to cha